Monday, March 16, 2009

Finding HOPE


To update you on my SSN (social security number) dilemma here goes...


Finally I am slowly seeing light. Small as it is alas it is still light!


All is well with my Department of Homeland and Security documents, I mean I have corrected all the needed possible corrections. I have it all iron out for the last month or so.I called up the Social Security Administration Office in Maryland where I applied and ask them if they could correct my i-94 number (because I need to use the number that has been MISTAKENLY put out by the competent favorite officer of mine) Mind you,it was not easy to get through to their line. I mean after four trials of dialling their number I was greeted by their "welcome to social security..." machine, so I waited for a couple of minutes "all reperesentatives are busy answering other calls,please hold" so I patiently waited... "hi social security,there is one caller ahead of you could you please hold?" So okey HOLD. Another couple of minutes went by, "social security here,there is one caller ahead of you,could you hold?" Another one? "could you hold or not?" Of course I need to hold. After some tiring minutes long beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep! I was drop off! Could you believe that? Rudeness! Total rudeness!

But that would not easily stop me from calling them again! So I patiently dialled and dialled and waited and waited for my turn. Well I was able to patch up and I nicely ask them to kindly correct my i-94 number with my SSN application,and what I got as a response? "how long have you been applying?" three months. "you see we never really process your application because you have the wrong i-94 number" but you keep on telling me that my application is still pending for further investigation. "Our system works that it automatically ERASES application that still pending after three months" dumbfounded on my part here.


I was confused,I mean all along I was waiting for it and then they told me that my application was already ERASED? My ever logical husband suggested that MAYBE the person I talked with was just making things up,she didn't even asked for my name and check things out on their computer (the way ALL the representatives do) So we went to the local office here in New York.


And that was were I saw the light...

The friendly person said on friday 2:30pm that I was still on Marylands' system. She cannot do something NOT unless I CANCEL out my application there and reapply here in NY. Now I need to call the Marylands' office again,and it was almost 4pm (when they usually closes) And heaven might be giving me a pity. I did push thru that day and was able to cancel out my application after few minutes of explanation.

Saturday and Sunday passed by.

Monday came and ohh so sunny blessed day!

I was able to reapply and with GOD's will I am hopeful that I would get my SSN after 5-10 days!


keep you posted then! cross your fingers still!







-lzl